Pages

Thursday 19 November 2015

Working with my critical friend

Room 6 (my class) and Room 5 worked collaboratively together in critical partners to go over one person's writing sample from term 1 and term 4. My partner (Yvette) and I decided to work on my writing sample's instead of hers. To correct my work and see what level I am working at and what I need to do to get to the next level, we used the room 5 writing rubric. The Room 5 writing rubric is a presentation a group of students in Room 5 created for students who found it difficult to understand the teacher rubric to use that one and easily understand what it means. We went over all six slides (rubrics), punctuation, vocab, organisation, sentence structure, structure and language, and ideas. In the comments section, we worked together to find her mistakes and what I had done right. When we figured it out, we listed in the comments what these were. This helped me know what I had right and what I need help with. The rubric told me what level I am at and what I need to do to get to the next level. We used suggestions to fix up my Term 4 writing sample so I could understand my mistakes and how to fix them and how easily it is to fix. We worked collaboratively helping each other and giving critical feedback. Thanks to my friend Yvette for working with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.