Pages

Thursday 25 September 2014

Linda- Christmas

Christmas

My family and I celebrate Christmas every year. Christmas is an important day to my family because we gather together, eat yummy food, and cherish God.  We exchange presents, go swimming, and do all kinds of fun things.  My favourite food is pork with potatoes and vegetables.  All of our relatives go to our Grandma’s to celebrate Christmas.

Before we meet up at Grandma’s house, we have milo for breakfast.  When we’re at our grandma’s, the first thing we do is write our names on a piece of paper,  put all of our names in a bowl and everyone picks up a scrap of paper.  The person who picked up the name has to give a present to the person who has his or her name on the paper.  Afterwards we decide what gifts we will give to each other, and go shopping for the presents.

We go to Waiwera for Christmas, because we can spend our time swimming while the food is being prepared.  We save the gifts for later, and prepare the food.  We have tuna sandwiches, fruit, chicken, raw fish with vegetables and sauce, pork, potato, kumara, BBQ, Lu Sipi, and cake.  We grab a plate and pick what we want to eat, and sit together on the river bank and have a picnic.  For dessert we have watermelons, Otai (A kind of fruit drink), and banana/chocolate cake.

For lunch I had fizzy drink, tuna sandwiches, cream buns, chicken, and fruit. After lunch we went to the Waiwera pools.  I was feeling brave, and decided to ride the slide with my Uncle.  When I got down I couldn't swim because it was too deep and my Uncle had to lift me up.  
He said that I can’t come on this pool because it only for teens and adults but I really want to go in it.

We open our presents after we go home, and we open our gifts one by one instead of everyone opening it at the same time.  The order we open our presents goes from youngest to oldest, so my sister goes first.  My sister got chocolate from my Uncle, and a Christmas card too.  When it’s my turn my Aunty gave me chocolates, a Christmas card, and an Ipad!  

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.